Monday, February 9, 2009

Will she grow out of it?

My daughter has been a whiner since way back. She whines at the drop of the proverbial hat. The noise bothers me so much that I cringe knowing that she is about to erupt into that ear piercing siren until she gets her way. Well if you have ever met me, you will know that she doesn't get her way very often. Unless of course I just want her to shut it up.

Her progress report came today. For the first time she had a failing grade on it. Instead of telling me she went out to play. My friend asked me if I had seen my children's progress reports because her daughter did not get an acceptable grade (80) so I went fishing in her backpack. When I saw the grade I immediately went to find her. I asked her to please come inside. We need to discuss your progress report. OH NO, WRONG WORDS!!

I should have tempted her into the house with food. She began to make noises and throw fits and scream it's not my fault before she ever got to the door.

Well her dad is not home yet. He is going to be angry. I do take part of the blame. The subject is Language Arts, and the grades are low on her vocabulary tests. Shouldn't we help her study? Is it up to us that she has study skills instilled in her at this age so that she will grow up knowing how important it is to know the work?

She will be able to bring this grade up but I am afraid of the noise her dad is going to make when he gets home. lol

I need to go get the cotton ready now.

No comments: